Baxter Restoration is continuing to grow, and we are actively searching for a talented, client-focused, innovative Estimator with 5 or more years’ experience, who is driven to help those in need through the services that we provide to our customers in the Orlando, FL area.
Xactimate experience is an essential requirement of this job. If you do not have experience with this software, you will not be considered for this position. Additionally, we require candidates to demonstrate knowledge of the software as a part of the candidate screening process.
This is a great opportunity for the right person who wants to work for a company that is family owned and operated.
We are a construction company that specializes in emergency services, repair and reconstruction of properties that have been damaged by disasters such as fire, flood, and wind. Our clients are insurance companies, property managers, and property owners.
Click on the link below to learn a little more about our company.
To Respond Quickly, Restore Order, Improve Lives
Do The Right Thing
The Estimator- will support business goals and objectives while supporting the company’s mission and core values through all he/she does on a daily basis. And, model our Core Values in all interactions with customers and co-workers.
- Maintains job documentation from start to finish
- Inspects and scopes jobs
- Sign up potential clients for restoration projects
- Takes clear and descriptive photos to appropriately document jobs
- Writes mitigation and reconstruction estimates using proper estimating software
- Creates budgets for job and monitors expenses
- Communicates with homeowners, insurance companies, and adjusters via phone and email in a timely manner and acts as a liaison between them
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Understand all bid documents and assess project risks
- Review quotes and estimates with the project team
- Orchestrate pre-construction duties and meeting with owners and clients
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent construction or restoration experience
- Must be extremely proficient and demonstrate knowledge of Xactimate
- knowledge of how a construction project is estimated
- Construction sales experience- procure work authorization on restoration projects
- The candidate should also have the knowledge of how to estimate water mitigation and mold mitigation jobs
- Experience in standard drafting/estimating software
- Computer literate
- Clean driver's license and record
- IICRC certifications: carpet cleaning, water, mold, fire, bio, etc. (preferred)
- Lift up to 75 lbs
- Climb ladders and walk roofs
- Workaround heavy equipment
- Use water mitigation equipment
- Drive a car/van/truck
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Handle varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance when on company business
- Wear necessary PPE (personal protective equipment) while on a job site
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Benefits and Perks
- We provide a competitive market wage, ongoing training and development, and a business casual work environment.
- We offer medical and dental insurance with an employer contribution - and vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and ADD are employee-sponsored.
- The company provides paid time off or PTO that is given on January 1st of every year. PTO is prorated for the first year of employment and then given in increments of 56, 96 and 136 hours depending on the length of service with the company.
- Paid jury duty and bereavement leave.
- 401k with an employer contribution of 2% after 1 year of service.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Baxter Restoration!
Click here to apply: https://baxterrestoration.applytojob.com/apply/sJhv6IDu80/Estimator-Construction-Restoration
We are an EOE company.