Baxter Restoration is continuing to grow, and we are actively searching for a talented Reconstruction Technician who is driven to help those in need through the services that we provide to our customers in the Jacksonville, FL area.
This is a great opportunity for the right person who wants to work for a company that is family owned and operated.
Hourly Compensation is based on skills and experience.
We are a construction company that specializes in the emergency services, repair and reconstruction of properties that have been damaged by disasters such as fire, flood, and wind. Our clients are insurance companies, property managers, and property owners.
To provide compassionate expertise and service to property owners who have suffered property loss or damage in their time of need.
To perform restoration services at the highest level and to be recognized as a leading provider in the industry. We continually invest heavily in technology and education to benefit our clients, build strong teams and create a desirable workplace for employees to develop and grow.
Click on the link below to learn a little more about our company.
The Reconstruction Technician will support business goals and objectives while supporting the company’s mission, vision, and values through all he/she does on a daily basis. And model our Core Values – RESTORE in all interactions with customers and co-workers.
o Employee Engagement
o Sense of Urgency
o Trust & Integrity
o Old Fashioned Customer Service
o Eagerness to do the right thing, not the easy thing.
- Maintain proper safety protocols as set by OSHA on all job sites (e.g., safety vents, googles, steel-toed shoes). This includes ensuring proper use of equipment and maintain a safe and compliant construction site and/or work area.
- Remove, Replace and/or repair cement shower boards, drywall, tape/finish, texture and insulation of walls/attic to meet or exceed accepted industry standards. All framing must be inspected to confirm walls are true, square and plumb.
- Remove, detach, reinstall, and/replace baseboards, casing, interior doors, interior framing wood/metal, door hardware, cabinetry, and cabinet hardware, closet shelving, mirrors, and shower doors.
- Repainting and Painting of interior and exterior (e.g. painting touch up, and caulking)
- Repair, Remove, and/or replace floor coverings, backsplash and grouting (e.g. re-grouting along baseboards/cabinets, repair tile floor, install laminate flooring, install tile backsplash)
- All work areas must be kept clean, orderly, floors protected, contents protected and dust controlled.
- Design, constructs, remodels, retrofits and repairs interior and exterior structures made of wood, drywall, plaster, concrete or brick. Installs and repairs roofs.
- Cleans maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to scope of work, industry standards, job site cleanliness, state and federal code requirements and reports back to supervisor.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and the construction schedules are adhered to.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Emergency service for board ups, tarps, and mitigation.
- Help to obtain Completion of Satisfaction (COS), Final Punch out, and final pictures at the completion of the job and ensure documents are turned into Office Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Meet customers for punch out walk through, inspection and recording minor repairs on punch out list, and getting final punch out list signed off. Assist with completion of Punch Out List
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school Diploma and construction or restoration experience
- Ability to operate a mobile device to call customers, clients and co-workers
- Knowledge of office software and ability to process emails
- Clean driver's license and record
- IICRC certifications: carpet cleaning, water, mold, fire, bio, etc. (preferred)
- General construction knowledge: the ability to show leadership, have accountability, communicate, solve problems, self-motivated, create and maintain schedules, multitask, and organize within Baxter Restoration’s standards
Benefits and Perks
- Ongoing training and development and a business casual work environment.
- We offer medical and dental insurance with an employer contribution - and vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and ADD are employee-sponsored.
- The company provides paid time off or PTO that is given on January 1st of every year. PTO is prorated for the first year of employment and then given in increments of 56, 96 and 136 hours depending on the length of service with the company.
- Paid jury duty and bereavement leave.
- 401k with an employer contribution of 2% after 1 year of service.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Baxter Restoration!
We are an EOE company.