Baxter Restoration is continuing to grow, and we are actively searching for a talented Restoration Technician who is driven to help those in need through the services that we provide to our customers in the Jacksonville, FL area.
We are a construction company that specializes in emergency services, repair and reconstruction of properties that have been damaged by disasters such as fire, flood, and wind. Our clients are insurance companies, property managers, and property owners.
Click on the link below to learn a little more about our company.
To Respond Quickly, Restore Order, Improve Lives
- Be Prepared
- Always Communicate
- Do the Right Thing
The Restoration Technician- will support business goals and objectives while supporting the company’s mission and core values through all he/she does on a daily basis. And, model our Core Values in all interactions with customers and co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proficient in water restoration, which includes structural drying, contents drying, and restoration along with precision demolition and salvage. Inspect, evaluate, and document water damaged properties. Document damage on moisture mapping software.
- Proficient in mold remediation procedures including preparing an area for a post-clearance test to verify results and effectively read protocols when needed.
- Proficient in fire damage cleanup, smoke, and deodorization of structural components and contents.
- Establish and maintain a schedule to ensure all services are delivered in a timely fashion, professionally and with empathy.
- Drive a company vehicle to locations designated by MIT Coordinator.
- Load and unload equipment and supplies from the vehicle to the work site. Clear the work site by moving furniture and equipment and restore the work site to the original configuration when the job is complete.
- Communicate with the customer about the scope of work and explain the process.
- Review necessary paperwork with the customer and obtain required signatures on pertinent documentation such as Work Authorization and Certificate of Satisfaction.
- Expected to wear safety gear at the job site.
- Remind property owner to fill out a survey.
- Monitor all water jobs and update the customer on the progress and planned completion dates of restoration services, when possible.
- Keep a clean and neat job site at all times leaving a first-class impression of our work.
- Maintain a company issued tool bag and make sure it is fully supplied at all times during your hours of work.
- Ensure that restoration vehicle is fully stocked.
- Maintain all company restoration and cleaning equipment, keeping them clean and properly maintained to be available at all times.
- Communicate with MIT Coordinator what materials will be needed for the job and how long it will take.
- Solicit current customers for reconstruction leads.
- Participate in any necessary reconstruction activities or punch-out procedures for jobs during completion.
- Participate in an "On Call" rotation for after-hours service calls, which involves some weekends and night responsibilities.
- Other responsibilities include Board ups, Tarps and tarp assists, Bio-clean up and pack outs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be computer literate with proficiency in the use of Dash, Encircle, Moister Tracker, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and other computer software. Must also have a functional understanding of handheld smart devices and an aptitude for learning new technology and all applicable software as determined. Detail oriented. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Strong communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Restoration and construction experience helpful, but not required. Water Tech certificated preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain a valid vehicle operator's license. Must have or be willing to obtain the applicable certifications pertaining to the industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to adverse weather conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. May also involve confined spaces that one must crawl through. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Technicians will be required to participate in an on-call rotation for emergency services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- We provide a competitive market wage, ongoing training and development and a business casual work environment.
- We offer medical and dental insurance with an employer contribution - and vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and ADD are employee-sponsored.
- The company provides paid time off or PTO that is given on January 1st of every year. PTO is prorated for the first year of employment and then given in increments of 56, 96 and 136 hours depending on the length of service with the company.
- Paid jury duty and bereavement leave.
- 401k with an employer contribution of 2% after 1 year of service.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Baxter Restoration!
Click here to apply: https://baxterrestoration.applytojob.com/apply/30thXRtzBc/Restoration-Technician-Fire-Mold-Water-Damage-Jacksonville-FL
We are an EOE company.